DROP THE FREAKING MIC. Ok, if you’ve been here a while then by know you know I start basically every dessert blog with that sentence because I LOVE DESSERT.
And even more, I love coming up with new dessert creations. And even more, I love blogging them because it forces me to document the recipe so I can actually duplicate it.
I planted pumpkins in our raised bed garden this year, however, I planted them way too late and still don’t have anything to show. I had hopes and dreams of cooking recipes with pumpkin purée galore and I wasn’t about to let my rookie garden mistake stop me so I did something v radical and bought a pie pumpkin at the store.
So not only is this a new cookie recipe, it’s also my first time making pumpkin purée. Which was surprisingly very easy. I had leftovers which I canned, and can definitely see pumpkin being one of my favorite foods to preserve in the future.
So here’s the thing, if you saw my Instagram post, you’ll also know that I discovered a pecan tree in front of our house that I didn’t know was there. Which would be because I know nothing about trees and forestry. Because I grew up in a subdivision. Note to self, learn about trees over the winter.
So I really needed to come up with something delicious and mystical containing pecans and pumpkin. And honestly, if I didn’t throw dark chocolate in the mix, I’d be an evil and horrible person. So I did. Oh, and oats, just for good measure.
These cookies are only about an hour old as this blog post is hitting the press, and they’re already a hit! The house smells like fall, kids mouths and hands are covered in chocolate and goo just like I like because it’s cute, and I’m feeling extra plump just looking at them cooling on the counter. Could not be better. Hope you bake these immediately and enjoy!!
- 2 C Flour
- 2 t Cinnamon
- 2 t Pumpkin spice
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 1/2 C rolled oats
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1/4 C honey
- 1 egg
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 3/4 C pumpkin purée
- 1 C roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 C chopped pecans
- preheat oven to 350F
- Mix melted butter, pumpkin purée, honey, egg, brown sugar, and granulated sugar well in a big bowl.
- Add in dry ingredients: flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and salt. Stir until combined well into an even consistency.
- Add in chopped dark chocolate, I used a Hershey’s Special Dark bar. Add in pecans as well. Mix into batter until combined.
- Scoop into a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let them cool on a wire rack. I tried one at each stage of cooling from straight out the oven melt in my mouth to warm to room temp and 10/10 would recommend you doing the same.
- I think this made around 30 cookies? Like I said I was eating as I went and kids were sneaking them too so just a guess!