this post is about the oils + blends I always keep on hand and the handmade essential oil storage case I use to keep them in a cool, dark place +organized.
[Scroll down for my 20% off discount code for Sew Grown EO accessories!]
I may be compensated for some items linked in this post at no extra cost to you.
It’s really hard for me to believe I just started using oils 8 months ago! They’ve become such a regular part of my daily life and routine in such a short time.
I’ve been living a more natural lifestyle for about 4 years as far as nutrition goes – but the other areas of our life like household and beauty products, and my med cabinet definitely weren’t what you’d call all natural. Baby steps, I suppose!
I don’t douse myself or the kids in oils all day long by any means, but now I have options and solutions when something comes up. Instead of running to the drug store and trying to find the most natural product I could – I have pure plant oils on hand – and there’s pretty much a plant for everything.
Once I saw how peppermint could calm a queasy tummy or head tension in no time, and what lavender can do for burns or little skin injuries – I realized I should probably be keeping certain oils in my purse too, not just at home.
I’ve learned that everyone has their favorites and preferred oils/blends – so by no means is my little on-the-go collection the end all be all, but I wanted to share anyway to give you an idea of what we use!
But first, let’s talk about this case…
You guys – my mom got this for me because she knows I had just been keeping all my oils in a zip pocket in my purse. And she chose this pattern because I love gardening. She’s the best.
sew grown Tresco essential oil storage case
Sew Grown hand makes all of their [gorgeous] essential oil cases/purses and accessories
right here in the US and uses top of the line fabric. The quality is top notch. And the alderwood tag is actually a little diffuser! So you can add a drop of oil onto it and “diffuse” wherever you go.
So cute! [plus it’s really compact and actually fits in my little over the shoulder purses with room for my wallet and phone too]
This one holds 12 oils, but they make a smaller 8-oil case as well. I also have a little Thieves hand sanitizer I stick in the middle too. I’ve never been a fan of using chemical sanitizers or soaps, so carrying this means we don’t have to compromise in what goes onto/is absorbed into our skin even when we’re out and about.
Moving onto what’s inside
Here is it – my current on-the-go lineup. Like I said, it’s not like we need or use every one every day. But it’s really nice to be prepared. And there have been several times when someone else we’re with has had an issue and I’m able to help.
Seriously, the amazement when someone who’s never used oils has quick relief never gets old.
Let’s do a quick run through of why I choose these to keep on hand
- Thieves roll-on: Immune support. Swipe up and down the spine.
- Breathe Again roll-on: Stuffiness, runny nose, etc.
- Peace & Calming: you guys, there’s a reason the label is falling off this one in my picture. Crazy/meltdown/frustrated kids get a P&C back rub and hug. And sometimes mom too….Viv has actually asked me if I needed some before when I was upset! So precious. I also put a drop in the car diffuser sometimes…
- Valor: daily dose of courage to handle situations with a calm and cool demeanor. This is my fave. Great for nap/nighttime restlessness too.
- Digize: Tummy related troubles. You can ingest or apply this one. This life science app has great info on how to use it most effectively.
- Purification: Neutralizes odors – another great one for the car diffuser
- Lavender – literally good for everything, but especially for surface injuries, its calming effect, and after sun exposure
- Lemon – because we all know restaurant lemons are kinda gross and I like lemon water
- Peppermint – my daughter and I have very weak stomachs, very weak. We just do best with our feet on the ground but this helps a lot. Also good for opening up sinuses, relieving head tension, bringing down body temp…
- Frankincense – google the benefits and be blown away. I add a drop to my water with lemon every time I indulge in a not so healthy meal.
- Seasonal (clear roller) – puffy eyes, runny nose, and constant sneezing is not fun – but this roller really helps. It’s just a mix of lemon, lavender, and peppermint. I actually have a blog post about the benefits of LLP.
- Ears (clear roller) – its summer and this is for after the pool because swimmers ear is also not fun!
Just enough to be prepared if we run into any of these issues.
Oh, and these three things are also staples in my purse. Like I said the hand sanitizer fits in this little case. The Owie and Bug Sprays go in a big pocket of my purse and, if you can’t tell by the labels, are used often because – farm kids.
That’s it for today! Be sure to use code EVERYDAYOILERS20 to get 20% off your order from Sew Grown if you get a case! They have lots of cute patterns and options, and keeping your oils organized and handy really helps you actually use + benefit from them.
.....and I think we may need some of that lavender after all day in the sun ;P
SHOP THIS POST
I am not responsible for your healthcare, do not guarantee any certain results, or claim to diagnose, treat, or cure any condition. Please do not make treatment decisions based on my recommendations, but do your own research. Click here to read my full disclosure.
essential oil storage case + top oils to have on-the-go