A twist on one of my faves from a little local bakery – peach fritters. Fresh peaches + einkorn + the glaze + vanilla ice cream = very good. Welcome & I hope you enjoy!
I may be compensated for some items linked in this post at no extra cost to you.
Freshly baked sweets are life. I love desserts so much I honestly don’t care if they’re healthy or not, as long as they’re made from scratch.
But, since I keep einkorn on hand – I figured why not add a small dose of health into a large dose of sugar??
Einkorn flour is the original wheat. It’s more easily digestible, but cooking with it can be a bit tricky. I use a few different kinds of flours in my kitchen – this is just one.
Ok, here we go.
How to Make Einkorn Peach Fritters
Start with 4 fresh peaches
Halve and slice
Whisk together 2 cups of Einkorn flour, 1 t salt, 2 t baking powder, & 1 t cinnamon (or 2 drops cinnamon vitality oil)
Now whisk in 4 eggs, 2/3 cup milk, 2 T maple syrup & 2 T melted butter
P.S. – my mom got me this whisk at ALDI for a dollar. Its v sturdy and nice.
Fold in the peaches
Now begin to heat 2″ coconut oil in a medium dutch oven to 375F.
While you wait, make the glaze
Whisk together 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 T bourbon, and 2T maple syrup, 1/4 t salt, and enough milk to get a drizzling consistency.
Now, check the temp of the oil & if it’s ready, drop 1/2 cup of batter in to the dutch oven. It will sink at first and then rise to the top. Fry for about 3 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Remove with tongs are a cheese ladle, then transfer to a wire rack to drip & cool.
Cool for a few minutes then drizzle glaze over top and serve warm or save for later.
With ice cream, say no more.
I know I said say no more, but one more pic.
Hope you enjoy!
Einkorn Peach Fritters with Bourbon Maple Glaze
- 2 cups einkorn flour
- 1 t salt
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon or 2 drops cinnamon vitality oil
- 2 T maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 T melted butter
- 4 fresh peaches, sliced
Bourbon Maple Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 T bourbon
- 2 T maple syrup
- ¼ t salt
- milk enough to get a drizzling consistency
Make the fritters
- Heat 2" coconut oil to 375°F in a medium dutch oven
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon to a large mixing bowl, whisk
- Whisk in eggs, maple syrup, milk, and melted butter
- Fold in the peaches
- Drop ½ cup of batter into the hot oil and fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from the oil + transfer to a wire rack to drain and cool
Make the glaze
- Whisk powdered sugar, bourbon, maple syrup, salt, and milk together in a bowl to reach a drizzling consistency
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm fritters + serve over ice cream or save for later.
More posts like this
I use either True Grit Einkorn from Young Living or Jovial.